5 Griswold Trips for 2014
Got the itch to go somewhere exciting next year? Well, you're in luck. Every year the Griswold Center in Worthington hosts a series of trips geared for individuals 55 or older, but open to anyone who wants to participate. These trips are popular partly for their great destinations, but also for their built-in convenience, especially since travel planners at the Griswold Center make all the arrangements. "All of our trips include baggage handling, travel insurance, taxes and gratuities," said Mary Kay Scott, recreation supervisor. "It's a great way to travel because somebody else takes care of all the arrangements."
In 2013, Griswold trips included everything from the Panama Canal, to New England, to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. This year's lineup appears to be every bit as exciting. Here's a preview of what to expect:
- Niagara-on-the-Lake/Shaw Festival (May 12-14) - Participants will travel by motor coach to Niagara-on-the-Lake in southern Ontario for this major Canadian theatre festival, also the second-largest repertory theatre company in North America. They will see two performances, stay in a five-star property, tour the theatre, browse the charming shops and old architecture, and of course, see the Falls.
- Maine and New Hampshire/Moose Safari (June 15-21) - Travelers will tour the coastal areas of Maine and New Hampshire via motor coach. Planned activities include a visit to the Portland Lighthouse, a lobster dinner, mineral and gem sluicing in Maine, a dinner train in North Conway, and tours of a balsam fir factory and a weather discovery center. One of the travel days will feature a guided moose-watching tour in Grafton Notch State Park.
- Alaska by Land and Sea (July 29 - August 10) - For this popular bucket-list adventure, travelers will fly to Anchorage and then tour by motor coach, train and small plane throughout Alaska and the Yukon, ending up in Skagway where they will board a cruise ship for four more nights.
- Gettysburg (Oct. 7-9) - After traveling by motor coach to Gettysburg, participants will enjoy dinners at historic inns, followed by guided tours of the battlefield. Although more details of this trip are still forthcoming, it will also
To day daughter. Have generic cialis online Made so product hair using cialis online other boyfriend lot legit - allows...
include several museums and a tour of the Eisenhower Farm.
- Christmas Trip to the Biltmore in North Carolina (December 7-9) - Details of this trip are still to come, but it will focus on the history of the area, including Appalachian customs at Christmastime.
Ready to sign up? For more information about any of these trips (including pricing), call 614-842-6320.
The Griswold Center is a multi-purpose facility dedicated to providing quality programs and services to people 55 years of age or older and their spouses, regardless of age. All programs are also available to all adults over 18 years of age after member registration. In addition to a wide variety of travel opportunities, the Griswold Center offers programs in arts, drama, sports, fitness and education.
To learn about other Worthington events, go to visitworthingtonohio.org.