Worthington Art Festival
Now in its 22nd year, the Worthington Art Festival will once again feature some of the finest artists and craftsmen from across the country. These talented professionals will be exhibiting everything from sculptures and ceramics, to oils, watercolors, furniture, jewelry, fiber, glass, photography and mixed media in applied and fine arts. The juried show, which is sponsored by the Olde Worthington Business Association, will take place on June 21 and 22 on all four quadrants of the Village Green (State Routes 161 & 23). Every year the festival's reputation and the quality of the artwork seem to surpass that of the previous year. Not surprisingly, Sunshine Artist magazine selected the Worthington Art Festival as one of the top 100 best shows in the country several times during the past decade. Here's what you can expect at this year's festival:
- Fine paintings in oil, acrylic and watercolor covering a wide range of subjects, including landscapes, wildlife, portraits and still life
- Fashionable clothing, accessories and jewelry for adults and children
- Functional and decorative pots, dinnerware, fountains, furniture and sculpture
- Musicians entertaining the crowd and demonstrating their instruments
- Food vendors selling Lemon-Shakeups, breakfast sandwiches, Kettle Korn, and various sandwiches and snacks
Drop and Shop services will be available again this year. Sponsored by the McConnell Arts Center (MAC), this free service makes it possible to conveniently park your car at the McConnell Arts Center (corner of S.R. 161 and Evening St.) and then ride the shuttle to the Village Green. You can also load up on artwork without the worries of carrying it around all day. Simply drop your purchases at the MAC tent while you're enjoying the festival. The drop-and-shop route is a continuous loop that starts at the MAC, travels south on Evening Street to New England, Oxford, South, Hartford and Stafford Streets—and then back to the MAC.
If you go.....
Saturday, June 21, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, June 22, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information about the Worthington Art Festival and other Worthington events, go to VisitWorthingtonOhio.com or "like" us on Facebook at Visit Worthington Ohio.