Concerts on the Green: The Perfect Worthington Evening
If you're searching for a relaxing, family-friendly weekend event, look no further than Worthington’s popular Concerts on the Green. Hosted by the Worthington Parks & Recreation Department and sponsored by The Laurels of Worthington and Worthington Dental, the free concerts are held on the Worthington Village Green on Sunday evenings throughout the summer months. Since the concerts cater to a wide range of musical interests, from classic American standards to cabaret, blues, big band and rock and roll, there's something for every member of the family to enjoy. “We’re really excited about this summer’s lineup,” said Melissa Hindman, marketing and community outreach supervisor with the Parks & Recreation Department. “We’ve brought back a few of last year’s favorites and are thrilled to have added some fantastic new acts as well.”
While food will be available for purchase from a different local eatery each month, guests may bring their own picnic dinner or stop by one of Worthington’s amazing restaurants for some delicious take-out.
Here are a few more reasons to check out Concerts on the Green this summer:
- Walk Worthington – Interested in a little exercise before the concerts? Join Walk Worthington, a program of the Worthington Resource Pantry, for a two- to three-mile walk prior to each concert. Walks begin at 6:10 p.m. at the northwest corner of High Street and SR 161 and include a stop at Graeter's Ice Cream before returning to the Village Green.
- Frozen in July – Concerts on the Green is excited to host a screening of Disney’s wildly popular movie, Frozen, on Saturday, July 25. Bring the kids, cozy up on a blanket and enjoy a movie under the stars.
- Songs at the Center – Piggybacking on the success of Worthington native Eric Gnezda’s popular TV program, “Songs at the Center," the July 26 Concert on the Green will feature three singer-songwriters: Donna Mogavero, Jasey Schnaars and Zachariah Whitney — as well as a few surprise guests.
- Teeny Tucker – Concerts on the Green is excited to welcome Teeny Tucker to the stage on Sunday, August 16. An Ohio native and daughter of the famous Tommy Tucker, Teeny has won awards at blues festivals around the world and has quickly established herself as one of the best blues acts in the business today.
- Marching Bands – Don’t miss your chance to hear two of Ohio’s most exciting marching bands: The Ohio State University Marching Band Alumni on Sunday, August 9 and The Ohio 122nd Army Band on Saturday, August 15.
If you go...
- Concerts begin at 7 p.m. on the northwest quadrant of the Village Green, located on the corner of High Street and SR 161 (Dublin-Granville Rd.)
- Parking is available at Kilbourne Middle School, the Griswold Center, the Worthington Library, Huntington Bank and the Worthington Presbyterian Church
- In the event of inclement weather, concerts will be cancelled
- For a complete schedule of the Concerts on the Green, visit worthington.org or visitworthingtonohio.com
Convention & Visitors Bureau of Worthington
Worthington, Ohio, offers a variety of activities, attractions, specialty shops and dining options for visitors of all ages and interests. The Convention & Visitors Bureau of Worthington is your resource for all the latest information, including the event calendar at VisitWorthingtonOhio.com. You can also follow us on Facebook at Visit Worthington Ohio.