Trick-or-Treat night in the City of Worthington is scheduled for October 31st from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The City of Worthington schedules Beggars Night in Worthington on Halloween, October 31st each year, no matter what day Halloween falls on. If Halloween falls on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, some central Ohio communities including Columbus follow a different formula and trick-or-treat on the Thursday prior. If you live in the City of Columbus areas of the Worthington School District, follow the City in which you live.
Trick-or-Treat takes place rain or shine and will not be cancelled or postponed in the event of inclement weather. Parents are urged to use sound judgment and common sense when considering whether to send their children outside.
Please follow these Halloween safety tips:
- Adults should accompany young children and older kids should travel in groups.
- Children should wear light colored clothing short enough to prevent tripping. Adding reflective tape to costumes and outer garments will increase visibility.
- Carry and use flashlights or glow sticks after dark.
- Visit homes you know and stay within your neighborhood. Together with your child, map out a safe route so you know where they will be.
- Remind children not to take short cuts through backyards, alleys or fields.
- Remind children never to enter a stranger’s house or vehicle.
- Encourage neighborhood block watches and citizens’ groups to patrol the neighborhood.
- Drive slowly and schedule trips so as to avoid the times of heavy pedestrian traffic.
- Discourage children from eating their treats until they get home.
- Closely check all treats at home is a well-lit place. Remove all opened candies or treats not in their original wrappers. Inspect all fruit and homemade goodies.
- Report any suspicious or criminal activity to the police immediately.