The Sunday After Thanksgiving Means....It's Time for Holiday Open House!
As we round the bend toward the end of November, it can only mean two things...turkey day and Holiday Open House (ok, and Buckeye fans would argue it's 3 things if you count the upcoming game against the team from up North). The annual Worthington tradition will take place from noon until 5 p.m. on Sunday, November 26. The City of Worthington tree illumination ceremony will take place on the SE Village Green at 5:30 p.m.
Back by popular demand is the “Iceless Ice Rink” made of a synthetic plastic polymer that resembles the same experience of skating on ice. The rink will occupy the parking lot at the corner of High Street and New England Avenue. It will be open from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and is free with a donation to the Partnership or with any donation of a non-perishable item for the Worthington Resource Pantry.
You can also look forward to these special activities:
- Live music...we have more music than previous years.
- Write your letter to Santa...and he will write you back!
- Special commercial debut. We made a commercial for Old Worthington. It will debut at COhatch during the event...don't miss this special 30 second tribute to our town!
- “It’s a Wonderful Window” showcase pairing 20 storefronts with 22 charities competing for the best holiday window display decorations. Shoppers may vote for their favorite displays via monetary donations (minimum of $1) made at each participating store. The contest will run through December 26. All donations will go directly to the corresponding charity. Last year the contest raised more than $4,000 for local charities.
- Two horse-drawn carriages for attendees to enjoy a free ride through Old Worthington.
- Many, many crafts and activities in the merchant shops; some activities may require payment.
- Treats, hot chocolate, and more treats...welcome to the holidays!
Pictures with Santa Claus will take place in front of the Worthington Inn from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Don't miss the perfect picture with the Big Guy.
Each year, we continue to build on the tradition of this event. Last year was the biggest event yet, and with many new merchants and lots of great energy in Old Worthington, we look forward to hosting our community again this year. We’re grateful to the businesses that graciously participate to make this event possible, and we’re looking forward to the new experiences this year’s Holiday Open House will provide to residents and visitors.
We are also grateful to the many sponsors we have of these special activities this year.. Thank you to our friends at FC Bank, NAI Equities Ohio, Dr. Lordo, DDS, Colonial Hills Lawncare, Park National Bank, CyMacK Group, Michelle Groff, Great American Title, Remax Revealty, Home Savings Bank and Sarah Winland Mullen. We couldn't continue these activities without their financial support. Please support these community partners and continue to SHOP LOCAL!
See you on November 26!