AAA Great Vacations Travel Expo expands to the Convention Center
Convention & Visitors Bureau of Worthington will exhibit at Booth 463 This year, once again, the Convention & Visitors Bureau of Worthington will be hosting a booth at the AAA Great Vacations Travel Expo. Scheduled to take place January 16 – 18, 2015, the expo will be held for the first time at the Greater Columbus Convention Center where guests can enjoy a wide variety of special attractions and the opportunity to talk one-on-one with top travel experts. They can also take home values and expo-only deals on everything from exotic cruises and European vacations to affordable getaways that are closer to home.
"We are excited for the opportunity to promote Worthington to the more than 13,000 Central Ohioans who will be attending the expo," said Mindy Mace, executive director of the Convention & Visitors Bureau of Worthington. "We'll be passing out our save-the-date cards with a list of this year's community events so people can mark their calendars. It's also a great way to drive more people to our website and social media outlets. And, of course, we're pleased that one of Worthington's great attractions, ZipZone Canopy Tours, will occupy the booth right next to us."
Here's a rundown of the special attractions you don't want to miss:
- Vacation Marketplace: This is an incredible lineup of hundreds of the world's top travel destinations
- Paradise Pavilion: The Paradise Pavilion transports guests to tropical vacations at extraordinary resorts throughout the Caribbean and Mexico
- Lake Erie Shores & Islands: From Cedar Point to Put-in-Bay, this fun-filled beach environment boasts interactive activities that bring the Lake Erie Shores & Islands experience to life
- AAA Explore Store: This is the place to get expert advice and great vacation deals, as well as free travel guidebooks, maps and brochures
- AAA Travel Stage: Check out appearances, live entertainment, events and workshops led by leading travel experts and well-known celebrities
- Kids Day: Bring the kids for a fun-filled day of entertainment, activities and workshops, including family photos, a costumed re-enactor, exotic animals and the chance to win a Myrtle Beach getaway
The AAA Travel Stage features an ongoing lineup of attractions you won't want to miss. Here are some of the highlights:
Josh Ozersky, author of Esquire magazine's annual "Best New Restaurants in America"
Saturday, January 17 – 3 p.m.
Recognized for excellence in food writing with the prestigious James Beard Award for his work on New York magazine's "Grub Street," Ozersky received additional James Beard nominations for his writing in Time, The Wall Street Journal and OzerskyTV. He will share his insider secrets on how travelers can immerse themselves in a destination through its food.
Nik Wallenda, high-wire artist
Sunday, January 18 – 2 p.m.
A member of the seventh generation of the legendary Great Wallendas, Nik began walking the wire at age four and has since completed a host of stunts. During his presentation, Wallenda will share what it's like to walk a tightrope, what makes him do it and how travelers can see the world from a different angle.
Patricia Schultz, author of "1,000 Places to See Before You Die"
Friday, January 16 – 2 p.m.
Three-time New York Times bestselling author Patricia Schultz will share adventures from her 25 years of travel writing along with some insider travel secrets followed by an open Q & A session with the audience. Her "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" continues to be the world's best-selling travel book, offering restaurant suggestions, hotel recommendations, budget-conscious ideas and photos from around the world.
For more information about the AAA Great Vacations Travel Expo, visit aaagreatvacations.com.
Convention & Visitors Bureau of Worthington
Worthington, Ohio, offers a variety of activities, attractions, specialty shops and dining options for visitors of all ages and interests, and the Convention & Visitors Bureau of Worthington is your resource for all the latest information, including the event calendar at VisitWorthingtonOhio.com. You can also follow us on Facebook at Visit Worthington Ohio.